VOICE is pleased to share with you the 2018 Policy resolution.
From a humanitarian NGO perspective, adopting a nexus approach is about offering the necessary operational flexibility to address people’s humanitarian and development needs in protracted crises in a coordinated manner.
Successfully implementing the humanitarian development nexus implies::
- ensuring people’s needs are at the centre of the process, including through involvement of NGOs at field level
- more multi-year planning and funding in humanitarian activities and the systematic introduction of crisis modifiers in development activities
- conducting lessons-learned to ensure the further development of the nexus approach and a commitment to it in the long term
- using the opportunity to enhance a community resilience approach
- respecting and promoting IHL and humanitarian principles
Click here to read and dowload the full resolution