Outside the Kabubble: the reality of needs on the ground in Afghanistan
Link to organiser’s event page:
THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE MECHANISM CONSORTIUM PARTNERS, INCLUDING ACTION AGAINST HUNGER, ARE PLEASED TO INVITE YOU TO A PANEL DISCUSSION ON THE TOPIC OF “OUTSIDE THE KABUBBLE: THE REALITY OF NEEDS ON THE GROUND IN AFGHANISTAN”.
The event will take place Tuesday May 29th from 17:45 at the Press Club Brussels Europe (Rue Froissart 95, 1000 Brussels).
The panelists will be:
- Chair: Androulla Kaminara – ECHO, Director Africa, Asia, Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific
- Esmee de Jong – ECHO, Head of Office, Kabul
- Roland Kobia – EEAS, EU Special Envoy for Afghanistan
- Anthony Neal – ACF, Advocacy Expert, Kabul
- Veronica Scognamiglio – Amnesty International, Regional Campaign Coordinator
- Alan Fellows – Chief of Joint Analysis and Reporting, United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan
The panel participants will emphasize the operational and political challenges of the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan, the future landscape of needs in the country and will discuss recommendations to States for better supporting actors on the ground, not only by providing financial aid but also through political and diplomatic support.
The panel will be accompanied by an Afghan Stories photo exhibition which will highlight the individual realities of people in need in Afghanistan. The discussion will be followed by a reception.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Please RSVP by filling in the registration form by May 28
For any questions or to request more information, please contact: email@example.com.